Join our fun and informative 2-hour online events over Zoom to learn some essential digital basics.
You can register for free!
You’ll learn how to get the most out of your smartphone, use apps, evaluate digital information, communicate effectively and shop safely online. Plus much more!
Sound good? All you need is a computer, tablet or smartphone, with Zoom app and a Wi-Fi connection.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to up your digital game.
See you there…
Wednesday March 20th, 2024 15:30 - 17:00
Ever felt hesitant to authorise a software update? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Staying safe online is more important than ever, so we’ll show you how to browse safely, avoid scams, choose strong passwords, and protect your device from viruses.
Wednesday February 21st, 2024 15:30 - 17:00
Did you know the Android software that powers your smartphone is made by Google. Discover all the little features and special touches which make your Android device unique. Whether it’s Samsung, Motorola, or Huawei smartphone, together we’ll explore some key Google Apps, the benefits of a Google account and share top Android tech tips.
Frequently asked questions
Press the “Register” red button you see above. You could either register to one event, two, or the three upcoming events.
This is a free online course, you don’t have to pay for it.
You’ll learn how to get the most out of your smartphone, use apps, edit and share photos, communicate effectively, and shop safely online
Yes, when you register for a workshop, you’ll have the opportunity to request topics.
- Zoom is a video and audio communication platform that can be accessed online by a computer, desktop or mobile app. It gives users the possibility to connect online for audio/video conference meetings, and workshops, among other features. It’s stored in the cloud (internet).
- To sign up for your own free account with your computer do the following
- ,Visit https://zoom.us/signup#/signup
- Enter your email address.
- You will receive an email from Zoom (email@example.com). In this email, click Activate Account.
- LogIn and start using your Zoom account.
If you are going to join from a computer you can do it through the web or using a desktop app. If the last is the case, you need to:
- Enter this link https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- Press the Download button for the Zoom Desktop Client section.
Note: After the Zoom desktop client installation is complete, a Zoom icon will appear on your desktop.
- Double-tap the icon to start using Zoom.
If you are willing to join the workshop from your smartphone:
- Go to your AppStore (iPhone) or Play Store (Android), type in Zoom meetings in the search bar, and download it.
- Then you can sign up to your new account by pressing the “SIGN UP” button and following the steps shown in the app.
Once you sign up for the workshop, you will get an email with the link to the Zoom meeting and you can join from your computer or smartphone through the web, web app or app.
YES! If they are in a separate location from you, please ask them to register for the workshop separately. If the person will be with you in the same room, they can join the Zoom with you.
Yes. Subtitles will be available at all times for people with hearing disabilities. As it is an online course, it’s suitable for everyone!
You can choose between any of the three. They are all suitable for the workshop. It is important that you have a good Wi-Fi or internet connection. Remember that on the Apple course we are going to teach you about your iPhone or iPad. And in the Android workshop we are going to teach you how to use your Android-supported smartphone or tablet. It could be Samsung, Motorola, Huawei, Redmi, among others.
The world is becoming increasingly digital, and to keep up, we need to develop our digital skills. This free programme is designed to equip people with the necessary digital skills they need to thrive in today’s world.
We follow the Essential Digital Skills Framework, which defines the skills needed to safely benefit from, participate in, and contribute to the digital world. Our sessions are mapped against its objectives to ensure that everyone, regardless of their background or experience, can benefit from our training.
Did you know, every month we empower over 400 adults with the essential skills they need to navigate the digital world? That’s right!
Our team of friendly experts provides top-notch training, to help develop the necessary digital life skills to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving society.